"REVENGE OF THE SOCCER MOMS"




Never underestimate smart, funny, and slightly bored stay-at-home moms, especially when they get angry.

Teenage drivers, abusive husbands, vandals, and child molesters are no match for these women.

But when does Neighborhood Watch become Vigilantism? And when the Moms kill a cheating husband

and the 24-hour news channels camp out in their neighborhood, will their lives ever be the same?




Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm a Slacker Poster

I'm embarrassed to have waited this long to post, but there you are. I keep hoping for exciting news, but so far, I have had two rejections from publishers. One said my characters weren't developed enough, the other said the same thing about my plot. The first rejection came on my last full day at the Iowa Summer Writing Festival, which is ironic, I suppose. The second came a few days ago. My agent says she thinks they're both wrong, and she still loves my novel. WHICH IS WHY I LOVE MY AGENT.

I'm not opposed to doing another rewrite, but I think (well, I hope) I just need to find the right publisher. Meanwhile, an old friend who works in independent films read the mss and wants to talk about creating a screenplay for it. Wouldn't it be weird to have a film before I have a book? I'm not sure there's money in independent films, but if Jerry and I can work out the details, I'll go for it. I ran the idea past my agent, and she thinks it would be a hoot, but I haven't heard from her boss.

Meanwhile, I'm working on Dead Mothers' Club, but it's slow going. I'm letting myself get distracted--and there are always plenty of ways to NOT WRITE, with my mother-in-law, mother, kids, and husband to deal with. Today we're having a snow day, so no school, no senior day center, and a house full of needy people, but I'm going to get some good writing done anyway.

SLACKERS DON'T BECOME ACCLAIMED, WEALTHY, BELOVED, SOUGHT-AFTER, PRIZE-WINNING NOVELISTS, now do they?

1 comment:

Judy in Indiana said...

Jerry my neighbor, or another neighbor?

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Maikis Dollhouse kit by MK-Designs