"REVENGE OF THE SOCCER MOMS"




Never underestimate smart, funny, and slightly bored stay-at-home moms, especially when they get angry.

Teenage drivers, abusive husbands, vandals, and child molesters are no match for these women.

But when does Neighborhood Watch become Vigilantism? And when the Moms kill a cheating husband

and the 24-hour news channels camp out in their neighborhood, will their lives ever be the same?




Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Patience of a Zen Master

Well, that's what I wish I had.
Actually, I've had a brief e-mail conversation with my agent, and I'm feeling a little better. She has sent my novel to three big publishers and hasn't heard back. This, she reminds me, is a sign of the slow economy, and is better than rejection. Point well taken, so I'm staying off the ledge and pounding away on my next novel.
I constantly remind myself to keeping writing my "shitty first draft" and stop obsessing over every sentence. I leave for my classes at the Iowa Summer Writing Festival in a week, and I can hardly wait. Eight days to do nothing but write! The only thing better would be about ten more days.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Maikis Dollhouse kit by MK-Designs