"REVENGE OF THE SOCCER MOMS"




Never underestimate smart, funny, and slightly bored stay-at-home moms, especially when they get angry.

Teenage drivers, abusive husbands, vandals, and child molesters are no match for these women.

But when does Neighborhood Watch become Vigilantism? And when the Moms kill a cheating husband

and the 24-hour news channels camp out in their neighborhood, will their lives ever be the same?




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Roller Coaster Ride

Do you know how you can know something, but not really know it? You can know it in your head, where knowledge is a thin veneer over roiling ignorance, but you don't really KNOW it in your heart, where you keep the truth?

Just go with me here, okay? That was as boringly philosophical as I plan to get.

Well, I can see that I expected a publishing deal within a week or two or signing my contract with the agent... Yeah, stupid, I know, but my life was supposed to change. I have an agent, which is something I've been dreaming about for six years, and now I have one, and why is the basement still unfinished? Why is my mother-in-law still living with us? Why do we still owe money on credit cards? Why am I still buying hamburger instead of sirloin, and then, only when it's on sale?

WHERE'S MY LIFE-CHANGING PUBLISHING DEAL THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BRING ME FINANCIAL SECURITY, WHICH IS THE ONLY THING STANDING IN THE WAY OF MY TRUE HAPPINESS?

So I'm sitting here frustrated, but I sent an e-mail to the head of the agency and he says my manuscript has gone out. Honestly, I didn't think it had, so that makes me feel better. I need to be writing the shitty first draft of Dead Mothers' Club, which I haven't been working on because I've been frustrated about this and mad at my husband for assorted reasons.

I'm going to make myself work on it as soon as I eat my pathetic lunch. I've done a mile walk already, weight machines, and it's time to get back to business. THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Maikis Dollhouse kit by MK-Designs