"REVENGE OF THE SOCCER MOMS"




Never underestimate smart, funny, and slightly bored stay-at-home moms, especially when they get angry.

Teenage drivers, abusive husbands, vandals, and child molesters are no match for these women.

But when does Neighborhood Watch become Vigilantism? And when the Moms kill a cheating husband

and the 24-hour news channels camp out in their neighborhood, will their lives ever be the same?




Friday, April 16, 2010

I Have An Agent!

My feet haven't touched ground for days. I had been waiting for the agent who requested significant changes to Revenge of the Soccer Moms to respond to the rewrite, which I sent on New Years Eve. I hadn't heard from her since late January, when she assured me she'd get back to me soon... So a couple of weeks (and 3 unanswered e-mails) ago I decided it was time to pull the Jeff Herman Book back off the shelf and start sending queries out. Got a nibble from Joyce Holland, a new agent with the D4EO Literary Agency in Connecticut. Sent 3 chapters, she wanted to see the whole book, asked for a 2-week exclusive, and NOW SHE'S MY AGENT!

This is just a step--no publishing deal yet--but it's an essential step, and I feel great! I've been writing and rewriting for nearly 7 years, and I feel the wind at my back finally.

When I'm not so tired, I'll tell you a few funny stories about the process. Tease: Joyce called me twice, and both times, I was under sedation... Not the best way to make a good impression...

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Maikis Dollhouse kit by MK-Designs