"REVENGE OF THE SOCCER MOMS"




Never underestimate smart, funny, and slightly bored stay-at-home moms, especially when they get angry.

Teenage drivers, abusive husbands, vandals, and child molesters are no match for these women.

But when does Neighborhood Watch become Vigilantism? And when the Moms kill a cheating husband

and the 24-hour news channels camp out in their neighborhood, will their lives ever be the same?




Monday, January 25, 2010

The Waiting Game

The book packager sent an e-mail to let me know they received my chapters and to tell me I should hear something within three weeks. It's gonna be a long three weeks... But the only way to deal with it is to be working on the next project. For me, that's "The Dead Mothers' Club," and I'm back on it and feeling pretty good. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm just trying to write the "shitty first draft" that Ann Lamont talks about in Bird by Bird, as I have a hard time stopping myself from constant revising as I go.

There's a difference between torturing yourself with every word, which prevents you from making forward progress, and recognizing when you're stumped for your next sentence/chapter because the previous one was so wrong that it has lead you to a mental dead end. When I feel "writers block," it often means I'm trying to proceed from a point that can't be proceeded from, if that makes sense. Going back and taking a different path usually helps me.

Writers Block can also be caused by other stresses, such as when I get so pissed off at some member of my family that I can't focus on anything but HOW I WOULD KILL HIM/HER IF I KNEW I WOULDN'T GET CAUGHT. Sounds like a novel... hmmm....

DON'T YOU DARE WRITE THAT DOWN, BY THE WAY. THAT MAY BECOME THE TITLE OF MY NEXT BOOK.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Maikis Dollhouse kit by MK-Designs