"REVENGE OF THE SOCCER MOMS"




Never underestimate smart, funny, and slightly bored stay-at-home moms, especially when they get angry.

Teenage drivers, abusive husbands, vandals, and child molesters are no match for these women.

But when does Neighborhood Watch become Vigilantism? And when the Moms kill a cheating husband

and the 24-hour news channels camp out in their neighborhood, will their lives ever be the same?




Saturday, August 4, 2012

Submitting Again

I had a fantastic time at the Iowa Summer Writing Festival again this year. Both classes I took were about memoirs and personal essays, and I learned a lot. Don't tell my husband or kids, but next year I want to spend two weeks, instead of 8 days, and take two week-long classes. I also want to stay in the Brown Street Inn, a wonderful B&B where there were freshly baked cookies waiting for us every evening, and decadent breakfasts.

How will I justify this? How will I pay for it?  In case the whole Lottery Thing doesn't work out, I am now actively submitting my memoir-ish personal essays to magazines. The first one, called "Weeds," will go out in Monday's mail to Redbox. I expect rejections, but on the advice of my instructors, I'm starting with the Big Fish. If they don't appreciate my raw genius, I'll step down to less famous publications, until I get a YES. Then, I hope a little publishing success will help me work back up to the Big Boys.

I'm pretty pumped about this. I received wonderful feedback from classmates and my instructors in Iowa, and it's time to make something happen.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

miki said...

Hey, too-long-ago Iowa festival roomie! Glad you had another exceptional, inspiring year. I'm wishing you luck, with all fingers crossed!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Maikis Dollhouse kit by MK-Designs